Health and safety
The aim of is to create a zero accident workplace.
To achieve a zero accident workplace, we need to take several actions:
- create more tangible engagement of management
- improve communication structures as regards health & safety
- create transparent rules and efficient procedures
- set up efficient training and development
- behaviour audits and effecient incident investigation & reporting
In order to obtain zero accidents, we have created a health & safety policy and 12 health & safety principles.
Health & safety policy
- We want a safe and healthy working environment for everyone.
- We don't compromise on health and safety.
- Everyone has their responsibility as regards health and safety.
Health & safety principles
- Everyone is responsible for his own safety and that of others.
- We address each other as regards unsafe behavior and we keep an open mind for such reactions.
- We learn from mistakes, incidents and audits. We share best practices.
- Our employees and external employees have the same rights and obligations as regards health and safety.
- Procedures and instructions are clear, available, known and understood.
- Training is necessary to maintain a safe and healthy working environment and to continually improve it.
- Involvement and behavior are essential in accomplishing a successful health and safety policy.
- Order and tidiness are vital to establish a safe and healthy working environment.
- We communicate frequently and clearly to our employees and other stakeholders about our health and safety policy and its results.
- We recognize and value good results for health and safety.
- Safe behavior is a prerequisite to work at Umicore.
- Improving safety is a never-ending story.